Here at Paducah Dental Care we take great pride in our state of the art equipment and extremely friendly and knowledgeable hygienists. Our trained eyes will search for any signs of disease or further problems including a thorough check for cavities, early signs of gum disease, or oral cancer. Our hygienists take a great deal of time with patients educating you on preventive care. We offer advice with your individual needs in mind.
We know proper oral hygiene is extremely important to your health and well-being, no matter your age but is often over looked. Maintaining a healthy smile isn't complicated. Following these simple guidelines will ensure sound oral health.
- Brush at least twice daily! Morning and Night.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles are frayed.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Floss daily. It is important to floss regularly to remove the plaque and food particles that get caught in between your teeth. Even the best brush job cannot reach these areas. Failure to floss can cause many problems including cavities, plaque build-up, gingivitis, and even periodontal disease.
- Waterpic. If you have crowns, partials or implants it is a good idea to add a waterpic to your daily routine. The pulsating water action helps to dislodge plaque between the crevices and gum line.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. The American Dental Association recommends that people of all ages visit their hygienist at least twice a year.